Leading Research, Development, Commersialisation and Innovation (R&D&C&I) in nuclear science and technology for national sustainable development
Creating Wealth, Generating New Knowledge, and Accelerating Economic Growth & Societal Well-being Through Nuclear Science and Technology Towards Shared Prosperity
- To generate new products and technologies through research and innovation based on the national development agenda.
- To enhance organisational excellence through planning and quality management;
- To strengthen Nuclear Malaysia as a National Technical Support Organization in nuclear and relevant technological fields; and
- To strengthen relationships and cooperation with international organisations.
The functions of the Agensi Nuklear Malaysia are as follows:
- To conduct R&D&C&I in the field of nuclear science and technology;
- To provide technical service and training in nuclear and related technology;
- To coordinate and manage nuclear affairs at national and international level as a liaison agency for the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and the National Authority for the implementation of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT); and
- To act as the National Centre for Radiation Metrology and as the National Radioactive Waste Management Center